Hey! This is Alex Denning, founder of Ellipsis. I’ll take you through this page, show you how we can help, and see if we’re a good fit for you.
Here’s the general problem: you don’t have someone looking after your marketing at a high-level, and helping you make progress over time.
The opportunity cost of this is huge. Your business isn’t making progress at the rate it could do. We’ll help you unlock this progress.
🗣 Who is this for?
This service is for WordPress product businesses with $10k-$100k/month of revenue, where either a Founder or Cofounder is leading marketing, or you have a small marketing team, including a Marketing Manager. You have regular marketing work done, either with us, in-house, or with another supplier, but you’re missing out on high-level strategic expertise.
We’ll work together on six-month cycles. We’ll set objectives at the start of the period, and then monitor progress and make tweaks on a regular basis.
The aim is to provide regular monitoring and input on strategy so that you can get the most out of your marketing channels.
This gives you a much higher chance of meeting your business, revenue, and marketing goals.
You’ll get more and better growth, and make significantly more and better progress on your marketing – with the confidence your strategy will be effective.
🗣 What qualifies you to do this?
We’re uniquely placed to help you. Through our Marketing Audit and Strategy work, we’ve delivered marketing strategy for 50+ WordPress businesses, from small plugin businesses to the very largest companies in WordPress. Some of our clients are below.
🗣 How does objective-setting work?
At the start of each six month cycle, we’ll work with you on objective-setting. The aim is to create tough-but-doable objectives, which will drive your marketing activities for this period. We’ll help you develop a marketing budget, and this can inform what implementation work and thus what results are plausible.
We’ll create three sets of metrics with you:
- Top level metrics: these are your main goals for the period.
- Why metrics: these inform the top level metrics. If a top level metric is $X new customer revenue, here we’d track the number of new customers.
- Action metrics: these inform the why metrics, and are what we have control over. This might include number of new blog posts, number of marketing emails sent, number of referrals requested, and so on.
All of these will go in a KPI Dashboard spreadsheet, which we’ll keep updated each week for you. This will then be the basis of our fortnightly calls.
🗣 Am I locked in?
Whilst we’ll set six-monthly, we don’t tie in clients. You just need to give us one full month’s notice should you with to cancel.
🗣 Is this strategy or implementation?
This is strategy. We expect most clients who take this service to either have marketing capacity in-house or also work with us on implementation, but any implementation work will be done and billed separately.
🗣 What do I get?
You’ll get a bespoke package based on your needs. We’re expecting to offer a mix of:
- Co-develop marketing KPIs with you, and own overall strategy and execution to get you there.
- Six-monthly update to your Marketing Audit and Strategy, focusing on: analysis of current marketing activities, strategy on how to implement, advice on how to optimise, and then implementation advice including tools you’ll need, who to hire, costs, and creation of SMART goals with KPIs for regular monitoring.
- Fortnightly KPI review and marketing troubleshooting calls.
- Weekly KPI updates and reporting.
- Ad-hoc work available for implementation from the Ellipsis team.
We’re charging a minimum of £2,000/month for this work. You can either pay that as a monthly fee, or we’re open to making 50% of the fee performance-based with a £12k bonus triggered if your six-monthly objectives are met.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, please get in touch with Alex: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also book a 30 minute consultation call here.