Marketing isn’t for everyone, and that’s okay.
We do marketing for people who don’t like marketing: if you’re making a great product or offering a great service, but aren’t reaching all the people who you could benefit, we’re here to help.
I cannot overstate the positive impact that working with Alex has had on our business.
– Fred Meyer, WPShout.com
You may run a WordPress agency, sell themes, plugins, extensions, or training, but if you don’t that’s okay too: the marketing problems across all these businesses are remarkably similar.
What’s more, these marketing problems are solvable–and we can sort them for you .
Specific ways we can help your business
The great thing about Alex is he truly understands WordPress and has incredible knowledge of the industry.
– Katie Keith, Barn2 Media LTD
We take a channels-based approach to digital marketing: there are dozens of different marketing “channels” which your business can utilise. These range from things you’ll have heard of and are maybe doing already, like content marketing or paid search ads, to things you might not have considered such as targeted affiliate outreach or leveraging existing platforms and communities.
We’ll use our experience and strategic insights to identify which channels will be most effective for you:
- If you’re just starting out, we’ll start with one or two channels. We’ll make sure these are done really effectively. This is the best way of ensuring you get that all-important initial traction. We’ll run the work for you, and then look to expand into new channels when it’s appropriate for you.
- If you’ve already tried a couple of things we can make sure you’re using the right channels, and that they’re utilised to their full potential.
- If you’re doing a lot that works but need help expanding, we can help identify which channels you should utilise next, and then execute the work for you.
Alex & team has been very helpful keeping @wpzoom’s marketing strategies up & running
– Pavel Ciorici, WPZOOM (via Twitter)
We usually undertake an initial strategy document to give you direction, and then work on the channels most appropriate for you. Below you’ll find a description of this strategy document, and a list of the most popular channels:
📄 Marketing strategy
Develop a coherent strategy in order to get you to where you want to be. This brings focus to your marketing and ensures it suits your values, “voice” and business philosophy.
🖋 Effective site copy
Make sure the final stage of your sales process is effective: we’ll improve your website – or theme or plugins’ – copy, structure, and flow to craft pages which sell.
✉️ Email marketing
Creating compelling email marketing solutions, including more effectively engaging your existing list and building funnels to attract new subscribers and retain customers.
🗣 Best-in-class content marketing
We specialise in producing the very best content, and then making sure that content is utilised to its full potential. We’ll take care of SEO-driven content from start to finish, effectively promote content for you, and then measure the results.
📱 Managing affiliates and outreach
We’ll set up and manage your affiliate program from end-to-end: creating an effective affiliate offer, recruiting the right affiliates for you, and making sure they bring in sales.
🖥 WordPress-specific expertise
From optimising freemium upgrades and WordPress.org listing, to connecting with key influencers in the community, all this work comes with WordPress-specific expertise.
Want to talk right away? Scroll down to get in touch.
Who have you helped recently?
[Ellipsis] identified what was working, what wasn’t… I’ve already begun implementing his advice into our marketing and I can already see measurable improvements.
– Mike McAlister, Array Themes
We specialise in helping WordPress businesses, and have worked with product and service companies across the WordPress ecosystem. Our team has recently worked with ManageWP, WPMU DEV, ThemeIsle, WPShout, Array Themes, 93 Digital, Wholegrain Digital, and many more:
You can see for yourself the work we’ve done, and what clients thought of it. Below are a selection of case studies from recent projects:
If you want a view of opportunities in your WordPress business, Alex is your man. What Ellipsis offers is so rare.
– James Farmer; CEO, WPMU DEV
- Barn2 Media: WooCommerce plugins. Since meeting at WordCamp Europe 2017, we’ve helped helped Barn2 grow a lot. We take care of the work where we can add a lot of value, including managing content strategy and ensuring it consistently brings in sales, a bespoke (effective!) affiliate program, and retention of subscriptions.
- WPShout.com: WordPress tutorials. Popular site WPShout had some success with monetisation but had consistently struggled. Since starting work together in 2016 we’ve dramatically increased revenue, built out a suite of products, and created robust marketing funnels to ensure the success continues.
- Array Themes: WordPress themes. Founder Mike was a subscriber to Alex’s WordPress newsletter, and got in touch needing direction for his marketing strategy. That’s precisely what we did, offering clear and actionable steps to follow to meet Array’s goals.
- 93 Digital: WordPress agency. London WordPress agency 93 Digital needed some help promoting a new project. We worked with their team to make it happen, developing and executing a strategy with excellent results.
- ThemeIsle: WordPress themes and plugins. Popular theme and plugin shop ThemeIsle needed external marketing capacity to ensure all their products got effective marketing. Ellipsis developed a marketing strategy for their most popular plugin, and then collaborated with the in-house team on the execution.
Alex turned our 20-minute conversation into a fully-fleshed campaign strategy… the results exceeded expectations. We would recommend working with Ellipsis and look forward to collaborating again in the future.
– Jeremy Burnel, 93 Digital
We do mean it when we say we do really good work. We’d love to add you to our list of happy clients. Get in touch below 🙂
Who’s doing the excellent marketing work?
Hi! 👋 We’re a remote team of three, who take pride in doing great work for clients. We’re a smart, focused, and effective group.
Ellipsis Marketing is headed-up by Alex Denning, a digital marketer with a decade of WordPress experience. Alex is well-connected in the WordPress community, regularly speaking at WordCamps, contributing to the WordPress.org, and he makes sure clients have the strategy they need to succeed. Alex lives in Oxford, UK 🇬🇧
Peta Armstrong makes sure the right people see your messages, whether that’s content, affiliate offers, or SEO. Peta is a digital nomad, working and travelling full-time from pretty much wherever there’s internet 🌍
Natasha Drewnicki creates excellent content for clients, from SEO-optimised content marketing, to landing and product pages, to effective email campaigns. Natasha has a background in SEO, inbound marketing, and content management. Natasha lives in Barcelona, and is originally from Cornwall, UK 🇪🇸🇬🇧
We take great pride in doing excellent work, operating as an ethical business, and always focus on delivering value to clients. We’d love to help grow your business.
This sounds perfect. How do we work together?
@AlexDenning has been a huge help for us @WPShout the last few years. You should seriously taking him up on this offer…
– David Hayes, WPShout (via Twitter)
Drop us a brief email! Include some details of what you’re working on, what you want to be achieving, and broadly how you would like us to help.
We’ll get back to you promptly, and we’ll take it from there.
If you want a sneak peek of what we can do, here’s a preview of our Marketing Audit and Strategy work. This is ideal for projects needing marketing focus and direction.
Ready to chat or get started? You can contact Alex using the form below:
Privacy note: your form data will be sent to Ellipsis via email, and is not stored on this website.